This collection is not divided into series and consists of just two files: one on the history of the Church of Christ in Commerce (and Elder H. C. Booth) and the other on First United Methodist Church in Cooper (and Rev. Christopher Mayhew Harless).
1971 - 1973
Conditions Governing Use
Items in this collection are protected by applicable copyright laws.
The Church of Christ in Commerce was established in 1896 by Elder and Mrs. Henry C. Booth. H. C. Booth was a Church of Christ minister active in Tennessee and Mississippi before he moved to Commerce. He and his wife were also the parents of Etta Booth Mayo.
First United Methodist Church in Cooper was established in 1871. In 1890-1891, it was served by Rev. Christopher Mayhew Harless, who married William Leonidas Mayo and Etta Booth there on June 23, 1891. The church grew relatively slowly during the 1890s.
All materials ordered alphabetically by name of the church.
Originally interfiled with the other materials from the ETNC and W.L. Mayo Artificial Collection (2008.197), which have been removed into seven separate collections: the Mayo Family Collection (2008.197-A), East Texas Normal College Collection (2008.197-B), East Texas State Normal College Collection (2008.197-C), East Texas State Teachers College Collection (2008.197-D), East Texas State University History Collection (2008.197-E), Mayo Memorial Collection (2008.197-F), and Commerce Independent School District Collection (2008.197-H).
Part of the Special Collections, Gee Library, Texas A&M University-Commerce Repository
Please cite as: Northeast Texas Church History Collection, collection 2008.197-G, James G. Gee Library Special Collections, Texas A&M University-Commerce http://archives.tamuc.edu/repositories/2/resources/96 Accessed November 24, 2017.
Special Collections Department
James G. Gee Library Texas A&M University-Commerce