Texas County Maps
Scope and Contents
Collection includes records from Texas county land surveyor offices including county maps, county school district maps, land ownership maps, and school bond information. Included in the collection is a map index, which includes the following information for each map: title, date, name of draftsman and surveyor, scale, condition, dimension, and a general description.
- 1885-1925, inclusive
- Majority of material found within 1909-1920,
Conditions Governing Use
Items in this collection are protected by applicable copyright laws.
34 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Box 1 includes an index to all maps within the collection and the unlabeled county files. Subsequent boxes are arranged alphabetically by county with boxes 2-32 containing county files with maps and boxes 33-34 containing county files without maps.
- Counties -- Texas -- Maps. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School bonds -- Texas. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- School districts -- Texas -- Maps. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Texas. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Texas County Maps
- Andrea Weddle
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note