Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The Bowman Collection is a mixture of oral histories, newspaper clippings, and copies of primary and secondary sources documenting nineteenth century Texas. Almost all of the oral histories are represented in the collection as handwritten, typed and copies – all three are often stapled together. The collection is organized in three series, professional papers including speeches and articles as well as correspondence, research files organized geographically, and research files organized by...
Dates: c. 1810 - 1940, inclusive
Scope and Contents This collection is divided into six series: correspondence, magazines, newspapers, other documents, photographs, and publications. It also includes a separate scrapbook.Series I. Correspondence contains letters, telegrams, and other forms of correspondence between Davis and his family, friends, political colleagues, newspaper editors, and others. It also includes correspondence materials sent on Davis' behalf by family members as well as materials...
Dates: 1891-1964, undated, inclusive; Majority of material found within 1910-1940,
Scope and Contents This collection consists of two series documenting the history of the W. L. Mayo family: Series I. General family history and Series II. Individual family members. Series I. consists of correspondence, documents, family trees, newspaper, notes, and photographs and negatives relating to the family generally or as a whole. Series II. consists of sub-series on the Mayo family members Henry Charles Booth, Aileen Mayo, Beatrix "Trixie" Mayo (Thompkins), Booth Mayo, Douglas Mayo, Gladys Mayo (del...
Dates: 1880-1987, undated
Scope and Contents This collection consists of files in three series relating to memorialization of William L. Mayo: Series I. Mayo Day proclamation, Series II. Newspapers, and Series III. Programs. It also includes individual files for death announcements and funeral notices.
Dates: 1917-1967, undated
- Subject: Texas, East -- Biography X
- Special Collections, Waters Library, Texas A&M University-Commerce 3
- University Archives, Special Collections, Waters Library, Texas A&M University-Commerce 1
- Texas A & M University--Commerce -- History 2
- American newspapers--History 1
- Chautauqua series 1
- Christians (Disciples of Christ) 1
- Democratic Party (U.S.) 1
- Education, Higher -- Texas 1
- Education--History 1
- Hunt County (Tex.) 1
- Ku Klux Klan (1915- ) 1
- Mount Vernon (Tex.) 1
- Personal correspondence 1
- Political oratory--United States 1
- Populism--United States 1
- Populist Party (U.S. : 1892-1908) 1
- Sulphur Springs (Tex.) 1
- Texas -- History -- 1846-1950 1
- Texas, East -- History. 1
- Texas--History--1951- 1
- Texas--Politics and government 1 ∧ less
- Bowman, L.L. (Lucius Linton) 1